Modbury Vista Soccer Club – Director of Coaching needed
The Modbury Vista Soccer Club (Modbury Vista SC) is seeking applications for the position of Director of Coaching.
The successful applicant will have strong administrative and educative skills as well as a superior football knowledge base supported by relevant accreditation and work history.
The Director of Coaching will develop and improve Modbury Vista SC coaches to enable players to maximise their potential at all ages.
The responsibilities of the Director of Coaching include and are not limited to:
· Overseeing the education, mentoring and improvement of coaches for U6 to U16 teams with a focus on the FFA National Coaching Curriculum, ball mastery and modern football methods/tactics/approaches.
· Implementation and adherence to the FFA National Coaching Curriculum as a base curriculum for junior coaches and ensure coaches have the tools with which to do that.
· Development of a club coaching handbook, including the purpose/mission statement, codes of conduct, policies and procedures.
· Delivering model sessions in each of the three junior coaching phases during the preseason and mid-season:
· U6-U9 coaching phase = 'The Discovery Phase'
· U10 - U13 coaching phase = 'The Skill Acquisition Phase'
· U14-U16 coaching phase = 'The Game Training Phase’
· Development of a Modbury Vista SC game style in cooperation with our senior coaching team and support its adoption by all coaches from U6 to U16.
· Communicating club messages and information to coaches.
· Assisting with the identification of talented players and promotion in line with the Modbury Vista SC player pathway.
· Meet Key Performance Indicators as set by the Modbury Vista SC executive.
· Work with appropriate coordinators and coaches to facilitate and oversee club FFSA junior trials.
· Provide an annual report to the Modbury Vista SC executive regarding the state and development of coaches.
· Where possible make themselves available to fill in for a coach to assist with training or game day coaching roles should coaches be affected by illness or injury and are unable to attend.
· Attendance at club functions or meetings as required by the club.
· Adherence to and support of Modbury Vista SC policies and procedures.
Remuneration will be available and dependent on both the candidate experiences and qualifications
When applying please submit your application and resume to the Modbury Vista SC Secretary ensuring to clearly identify you are applying for the Director of Coaching position. Submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details or enquiries please contact Stuart Carlisle – email@example.com
Application due date
Applications will be accepted up to 5pm on Friday 13 September 2019