Football South Australia (Football SA) is the governing body of Football in South Australia and is offering this unique opportunity to join our organisation.
The Competition Administration Officer will provide administration support to the General Manager Football Operations and Competitions Department. This position is primarily an administration role; however, support will be required in the areas of competitions events. The successful candidate will work closely with all Football South Australia Competition Department Staff.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with General Manager - Football Operations and Football SA Competitions Department
The Main Key Responsibilities and Duties, but not limited to:
- General fixtures for competitions in collaboration and consultation with clubs/associations.
- Review and maintain fixtures & statistics for competitions using a competition management data base. Assistance may be provided from time to time from other competition staff in entering statistics.
- Act as the point of contact for clubs/associations for all matters relating to the Football South Australia Competitions.
- Review, develop and implement efficient administrative systems and processes.
- Assist clubs/associations with queries relating to the online Competition Management System and the online Registration System.
- Provide administrative support to the organisation of Disciplinary Hearings including sanction reports and provide Disciplinary Infringement Notices as directed.
- Provide competition statistics as requested for but not limited to the Annual Celebration of Football, Annual Report and Yearbook.
- Attend and contribute to Competition Meetings including the taking of minutes.
- Assist with events as required.
- General administrative duties as required including but not limited to filing, answering telephone calls, photocopying and word processing.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Well developed written and oral communication.
- Organisational skills, time management skills and ability to work positively under pressure and with changing work priorities.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team environment.
- Be self-motivated and work independently with minimal supervision.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
Experience / Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in use of Microsoft office applications including word and excel.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of competition data bases is desirable.
- Experience and understanding of the sport of Football is desirable.
- Experience in developing and maintain stakeholder relationships.
- Experience in events, in project management and report writing is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of competitions, and the sport of Football is desirable.
- Tertiary qualification in Sports Administration or equivalent.
A current Working with Children Check or be prepared to apply for one.
A Current Driver's Licence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications to be submitted through seek and by 29 January 2024.